Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Daily Journaling for Thursday 10th September 20009



DISRESPECT FOR THE SON

S - Last of all he sent his son to them. "They will respect my son". he said. Matthew 21:37


O - Such a clear and heartbreaking parable of how much Our Heavenly Father has tried over the centuries, through His prophets, to let His children know and understand the following: who He is, how much He has given to us, and the respect and honour that He deserves. Yet, each time, his servants were killed or thrown out of the vineyard. In other words, rejected. Until God sends Himself. God sends His Son. Of course people will respect and honour Him! Of course they will finally listen and hear the truth that they are not in charge of themselves or that this is not their property. It belongs, as ll things do, to the true "landowner", the one who made everything. It is only through grace that they have been given such honour themselves. Surely they will recognize and respect the Son of the Landowner. And they do recognize Him. That is the problem. They know who He is. They know He is the Son. But because their hearts are dark, and sinful, and full of pride (even though everything they have has been loaned to them), they kill the Son. "They will respect my son". These words are still today (perhaps even more so), so full of hope, yet in reality, so rejected. Rejected in mainstream life, rejected through the media (watch any TV show and see how Jesus' name is used, how Christians are depicted, how the Church is depicted). The Son of God is to be respected, yet, in reality, so very few do.


A - Oh how my hearts breaks to know that our precious Lord was rejected 2,000 years ago, and continues to be rejected so badly, today. What a God, that He should love me so much, yet also entrust His world to my kind, who with hearts more often than most, are turned against Him. Let it never be, that i would reject the Son of God, ever!


P - Dear Jesus, help me to always love you, honour you, and respect you, and never turn from you. Help me to always see you for who you are; the Son of God, sent to rescue me, and redeem me. Amen.


Daily Reading; Matthew 20-21

2 comments:

  1. True Greatness
    S - "Not so with you. Instead, whoever wants to become great among you must be your servant and whoever wants to be first must be your slave." Matthew 20:26-27

    O - There were clear examples of people who were rulers and were lording it over those who they led. But this in not the way Jesus' followers are to be. Bossing, forcing, controlling, delighting in the use of power to force people is wrong.


    Instead the way to be great is to be a servant. Obviously some will have greater influence than others and Jesus is saying in effect, "Those who serve I will give them lots to do, those who use their influence for the good of others, to help them become more and more like Christ, I will give more."

    A - I want my life to be one that influences others for God's glory. I want those who I lead to lead others to bring out their very best for God's glory. Today as I work on the next two sermon series, prepare for speaking at a conference, prepare for wedding on the weekend, do my admin and pastorally care for people, I will keep in my mind how I am to serve others.

    P - Father, you are great. You sent your Son to earth, he emptied himself, became nothing and died on a cross so I could be forgiven and made right with you. Thank-you for such a clear example of servanthood to follow. Because you have risen and your Holy Spirit lives in me, empower me to serve today I pray. Amen.

    Daily Readings - Matthew 20-21

    ReplyDelete
  2. HERE COMES OUR KING
    Matthhew 21:9 The crowds that went ahead of him and those that followed shouted, "HOSANNA TO THE SON OF DAVID" "BLESSED IS HE WHO COMES IN THE NAME OF THE LORD!" "HOSANNA IN THE HIGHEST!"

    O This was a triumphant entry. The crowds spread their cloaks on the ground, others cut branches and spread them on the ground. Jesus was celebrated like a king - he came on a lowly donkey an innocent pure colt - this journey was for me.

    A I too shout that Jesus is Lord, I too shout Hosanna in the highest. Praise his holy name. Lord receive my Aunty Marg and cousin Mary into your kingdom and let your name be forever praised. Never have I wanted to praise your name as much as today.

    P Dear Lord, Let my eyes stay fixed on you as I am able to comfort my grieving family in your strength. Give me your words to comfort. Thank you Lord Jesus. Amen.

    ReplyDelete