Monday, September 28, 2009

Daily Journal for Monday 28th of September 2009

Preaching the Good News

S - But he said, "I must preach the good news of the kingdom of God to the other towns also, because that is why I was sent." And he kept on preaching in the synagogues of Judea. Luke 4:43-44


O - Jesus said, "I must preach." The way he communicated the message was through preaching. The content of his preaching? The good news of the kingdom of God. That God had acted by sending his Son and whoever believes in him, becomes part of his kingdom, for eternity. This news was to be preaching in many regions. He kept on preaching and preaching. That's why he was sent!

A - What an example for me. I am called to preach. It's the most important task I have to do as a pastor (apart from loving God and my family). I must preach good news! I must preach so that everyone can know about the kingdom of God and respond. This week as I preach AM & PM services I will devote myself afresh to giving my best to these messages for God's glory so that lives might be transformed.

P - Thank-you God for calling me to proclaim your good news. Help me to remember the absolute importance of this call and to give it due priority this week. Amen.

Today's Readings Luke 3-4

No comments:

Post a Comment