Saturday, September 12, 2009

Daily Journaling for Sunday 13th 2009


Loving the Least

S - "The king will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me." Matthew 25:40

O - Jesus says in this parable, that whenever I feed the hungry, give a drink to the thirsty, welcome a stranger, clothe the needy care for the sick, and visit those in prison, I've done it for Jesus. How I treat the needy and the least of these is how God will treat me.
A - As we care for a couple of children in the third world, I'm challenged too to think of those in pain and suffering here in our church family. How I care, how we as a church care for those struggling is so important. I am also challenged to help those in our community, suffering domestic violence, job loss, financial pressure.
P - Father, help me to always remember that those in need are made in your image. My genuine love for you will be seen in my care for them. Help me love. Amen.

Daily Reading - Matthew 25

No comments:

Post a Comment