Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Daily Journal Wednesday 17th of March 2010


Jesus - High and Lifted Up

S - "And I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all people to myself." John 12:32

O - Jesus faced the most horrible death. Crucifixion was a long, painful and humiliating death. For an observer it would have seemed completely obvious - Jesus wasn't who he said he was. But nothing could be further from the truth. What appeared as a victory for evil, what seemed to be Satan's greatest blow, was actually his crushing downfall.

Jesus' death made life possible. His dying meant that I could live. I could live forgiven because Jesus took my place, paid my price, died my dead. I could live forever because death was defeated by Jesus, he died but he rose, I too will rise, I will live forever. I could live victorious because Jesus overcame the power of Satan, he won, and I am more than a conqueror in Christ Jesus.

When the Son was lifted up - all people, old, young, rich, poor, black, white red and yellow were able to be saved. What an incredible event.

A - As Easter approaches, I am looking forward to proclaim this truth. I will diligently prepare these services and pray that many come to know Jesus personally and are saved through the forgiveness, eternal life and victory that he offers them. Help me share this life changing news with others so that they can know and love Jesus too.

- Jesus, thank-you for dying for me. You are now high and lifted up forever. Draw people to yourself as I live and proclaim the great news of who you are what you have done. Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment