Thursday, March 18, 2010

Daily Journal for Friday 19th of March 2010


Love and Obedience

S - "If you love me, keep my commands." John 14:15

O - Jesus makes it clear that if we love him, we will do what he commands us to do! Like faith in God, which leads to action, love for God is seen in our obedience to his commands. If we understand who God is then we will know that even though his commands might be tough, seem unfair to us, or feel too difficult for us, God knows what he doing. He loves us and knows what is best for us.

- A simple question to ask myself today is, "Am I obeying God?" My answer will say a great deal about my love for God. Are there areas I need to confess, ask for his forgiveness and turn away from? Are there behaviours and attitudes I know that God wants me to change? I must respond and do them. This is how I show how much I love God.

P - When I think of your love for me, your grace, mercy and forgiveness, how could I but love you? How could I but obey you, follow you and do what you command. Amen.

Daily Reading - John 14

No comments:

Post a Comment