Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Daily Journal for Wednesday 3rd of March 2010


Jesus is praying for me!

S - "Simon, Simon, Satan has asked to sift all of you as wheat. But I have prayed for you, Simon, that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned back, strengthen your brothers." Luke 22:31-32

O - Satan had asked to sift the disciples. Satan wants to destroy. He can think of nothing more delightful that destroying disciples of Jesus. But Jesus prays for his disciples. He prayed for Simon-Peter. He pray specifically that his faith would not fail. Under temptation, under opposition, under difficult, challenging circumstances, we are most in danger of failing in our faith. Satan is wanting us to fail. Jesus is praying that we will not. If we do fail, (and we pray that we don't) if we do in moments of doubt and pressure fail in our faith, Jesus points to us that we can return, we can repent, we can turn back. And when we do we will have a ministry of strengthening others in their faith. Peter did this. He failed under the enormous fear and experience of the trail and crucifixion of   Jesus. But Jesus restored him and he definitely did strengthen the brothers, becoming the leading figure in the early church.

A - God wants me to have a faith that is strong. Satan wants me to fail. Jesus is praying for me that I may not fail. Today I will pray in agreement with Christ, that I would be strengthened in my faith.

P - Father I pray that whatever challenges, temptations, conflicts, I face in the future, that I would remain strong in my faith, hope and love for you, through Jesus Christ. Amen.

Daily Reading - Luke 22

No comments:

Post a Comment