Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Daily Journaling for Wednesday 2nd of December 2009

HOW ARE YOU GROWING TODAY?

S - Be diligent in these matters; give yourself wholly to them, so that everyone may see your progress. 1 Timothy 4:15

O - Paul says to Timothy, "Be diligent!" Persevere with care. Pay close attention as you keep going without giving up. He also says, "give yourself wholly" meaning be totally committed to it, giving all that you have completely to it. To what? To these matters. To what matters? To the gospel, to the preaching and teaching of God's Word, to training in godliness, to setting an example for the believers, to using the gifts God has given to us. Why? So that everyone may see your progress and in seeing this others will follow your example.


A - I must be constantly growing. As a pastor, Paul speaks to me. "Work hard!" "Grow!" He urges me to continually learn and grow in the task of being a pastor. Learn more, read more, pray more. Grow in preaching and teaching skills. Grow in my personally holiness. Grow in the example I set. Grow in the use of the gifts I've been given.

Instead of asking "How are you going?" I need to ask myself each day "How am I growing?" When it comes to my grow how could I be more diligent?

P - Father, thank you for my salvation - a gift given to me through Christ death and resurrection. Help me to be intentional today in growing. May I be so diligent that others see my progress. Amen.

Daily Reading - 1 Timothy 1-4

No comments:

Post a Comment