Monday, November 30, 2009

Daily Journaling for Tuesday 1st of December 2009

GIVE IT OVER TO GOD

S - God is just: He will pay back trouble to those who trouble you and give relief to you who are troubled, and to us as well. This will happen when the Lord Jesus is revealed from heaven in blazing fire with his powerful angels. 1 Thessalonians 1:6-7


O - God is just! He does see when people do evil things. He does notice the violence of war, exploitation of children, the agony of hunger caused by brutal leadership. God is just! He does notice those who trouble me. When people hurt, criticise unfairly, lash out or even willfully try to harm me, God sees. More than that - he will payback trouble on them. They will be judged for the pain and hurt caused. It may not happen now but when Christ comes in all his blazing glory - it will happen.

A - God is just! Therefore, I can leave the issue of "putting things right" when I am troubled by others, in God's hands. "Vengeance is mine" says the Lord. All that energy that I could spend on trying to make sure that I am not unfairly treated can be thrown into working for God and his glory. I can rest assured that God will judge fairly.

This verse is also a challenges to me. How I treat people is seen by God and he'll judge justly. I must always seek to treat others with respect and love.

P - Father, what a good thing it is to know that you are just. You are pure, right, holy. There is no wrong, sin, unfairness in you. I give all my troubles over to your care. Amen.

Daily Readings 1 Thess 5 - 2 Thess 3

No comments:

Post a Comment