Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Daily Journal for Wednesday 26th November 2009


SEALED BY THE SPIRIT

S - Having believed, you were marked in him with a seal, the promised Holy Spirit who is a deposit guaranteeing our inheritance until the redemption of those who are God's possession - to the praise of his glory" Ephesians 1:13b-14

O - Jesus not only died for us but he also was raised from the dead. He not only substituted himself for our sins, but he didn't leave us alone. He gave us His Spirit. This Spirit is "sealed" in us, like a deposit which "guarantees" our inheritance (eternal glory). Can we really grasp the full extent of the majesty, the wonder, the awe and the grace of such a blessing.

A - Every day I want to live my life to the fullest surrender to Him, who has given me, and us, so much. I am alive because of the Spirit that is already in me. But I also want to continue to focus on the fact that I have eternal life with Jesus. This life starts now and continues forever. Praise God!

P- Father how can I thank you enough that you have given us such a gift as the Holy Spirit to come and dwell within us. Help us to honour and deepen our relationship with your Spirit I pray. Amen.

Daily Readings Chapters Galatians 5 to Ephesians 1

No comments:

Post a Comment