Monday, November 16, 2009

Daily Journal for Tuesday 17th November 2009

STANDING FIRM
S - "So if you think you are standing firm, be careful that you don't fall! No temptation has seized you except what is common to man. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it"
1 Cor 10:12-13
O - Paul has just finished telling us about the Jews who wandered in the desert for 40 years and died, as they were tempted by idols, immorality and grumbling. I don't think anything in all of mankind has changed. We are still tempted by these things every day. But the scripture here gives a warning and an encouragement. The warning is to not take your faith for granted. To remain standing firm. This is the first part of a familiar scripture to which, the second is often only quoted. God is faithful. He will not let us be tempted beyond what we can bear. He will provide a way out for us, but we must stand firm in Him first.
A- How often I am tempted, especially in the area of grumbling. I grumble when I am tired, when I am hurt, when I am taken for granted. Yet I fail to see so often the blessings that God has given me. On Sunday we had an amazing service of Thanksgiving to God, and it reminds us that He is our rock, and that we have so much to be thankful for. Praise God that He is thankful.
P - Dear Heavenly Father, forgive me for being tempted in so many ways. Help me to remain faithful and steadfast in you so that when I am tempted, I am reminded of the strength and support I have in you and the faith to overcome. Amen.
Daily Readings from 1 Corinthians Chapters 10&11

No comments:

Post a Comment