Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Daily Journal for Wednesday 9th of December 2009

A REASON TO PERSEVERE!


S - Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1


O - Because of the example of the great men and women of faith who lived and died looking forward to the fulfillment of God's promises and a heavenly home, enduring hardship and suffering, we should live in the same way. We should follow their example. How? Run the race! Run it with perseverance. Run the race that God has marked out for us, the one he's called us to run. Remove all the obstacles that might get in the way and the sin that can trip you up and run.

A - Today, I look to the example of the Biblical men and women of faith. I also look to people like Spurgeon, Finney, Keith Green, my Nanny and Grandad. I also look to men and women alive today, Bill Hybels, Andy Stanley, Gayle Hill, my wife Mandy. And I run. I run, seeking to do God's will, knowing that the promises are ahead and are true no matter how challenging it may be now.

P - Father, thank-you for the hope we can have in the promises you have given us. Help me to remember the example of so many Christians as I run my race. Amen.

Daily Reading - Hebrews 11-12

No comments:

Post a Comment