Thursday, December 10, 2009

Daily Journal for Friday 11th of December 2009

EARNEST PRAYER!


S - Elijah was a man just like us. He prayed earnestly that it would not rain, and it did not rain on the land for three and a half years. Again he prayed, and the heavens gave rain, and the earth produced it's crops. James 5:17-19


O - Elijah was a great man but really he was just a human being like me, with the same limitations and opportunities as me. He us what he had to pray earnestly and God answered - rain stopped for three and a half years. What a prayer! Then he prayed again and it rained again. What bold prayers, what amazing answers.

A - I can pray. I have everything Elijah had. What enormous prayer am I praying? What am I earnestly praying for? The healthiest church in Australia? 5,000 people worshipping in our church within 10 years? That God would use my kids to greatly impact the world? That I might raise up 25 men & women for full-time Christian ministry within five years? Revival right across the region?

P - Father, I want to earnestly pray that our church would be the healthiest church in Australia and would double in size within the next two years. I will keep praying this prayer earnestly for the coming two years.

Daily Readings James 3 - 1 Peter 1

No comments:

Post a Comment