Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Daily Journal for Wednesday 10th of February 2010


Growing Strong In Spirit

S - And the child grew and became strong in spirit; and he lived in the wilderness until he appeared publicly to Israel. Luke 1:80

O - John the Baptist was prayed for by his parents even before he was conceived. These loving, godly parents and their influence on John must have shaped his early years. He lived in the wilderness, perhaps after his parents (who were already old), died. That experience too must have shaped him. But in all these circumstances this phrase stands out to me, "the child grew and became strong in spirit." He could have grew and became wicked but he didn't. Influences and circumstances can make it easier or harder but in the end John had to choose to live for God and grow strong in spirit.

A - As a father, I too have an enormous opportunity to influence my children. I will either be a great influence or an influence that makes growing strong in spirit difficult. This is the same in regards to my influence with young men and women in the church.

I need to live today in a way that will help and not hinder the young "John the Baptists" around me, but rather influence them so help them grow 'strong in spirit.'

P - Father, I pray for my children, for the youth in our church, for the young adults. Help my influence to be one of great encouragement so that they may not be hindered in growing strong in spirit.

Daily Reading - Luke 1

No comments:

Post a Comment