Monday, February 8, 2010

Daily Journal for Tuesday 9th of February 2010


Not Control - Worship!

Very early on the first day of the week, just after sunrise, they were on their way to the tomb and they asked each other, "Who will roll away the stone from the entrance of the tomb?" Mark 16:2-3


O - They were worried about a real problem. They wanted to anoint Jesus' body but there was a stone. The stone was big and heavy, they were not strong enough to move it. Who would help them move the stone? Nothing could have prepared them for what they found.

A - The tomb was empty! Christ has risen! And important for me, Jesus is coming again. He will return. I know I will be surprised. I know I won't be completely ready for the amazement of what lies ahead and what I witness.

I am reminded today that problems might not be as big as I anticipated when God is involved.
I am reminded that God can answer any prayer and turn a situation around completely.
I am reminded that the one true God is a God of surprises!
I am reminded that I cannot control God therefore I will simply worship him.

P - Thank-you Father for empty tombs, for miracles, for wonderful surprises. I'm keeping my eyes wide open today to what you might do. Amen.

Daily Reading - Mark 16

No comments:

Post a Comment