Sunday, February 14, 2010

Daily Journal for Monday 15th of February 2010


The Strength that Comes From Obedience

S - (Jesus said) "As for those who come to me and hear my words and put them into practice, I will show you what they are like. They are like a man building a house, who dug down deep and laid the foundations on rock. When a flood came, the torrent struck that house but could not shake it because it was well built." Luke 6:47-48


O - Those who hear Jesus' words and put them into practice, begin to live the kind of life that is unshakeable in the storm. Why? Because when their lives are hit with grief, illness, disappointment or mishap they are living right with God, they know he's in control and they trust him.

A - As a pastor, these words are a great challenge to me. I read, study and meditate on God's word every day. I preach and teach from God's Word. I am blessed to know what it says. I must always seek to do what it says. The more I do the stronger I will stand during the tough time which will certainly come. What do I need to do today in obedience to Gods Word?

P - Father, thank-you for the Bible. Help me obey it today in all I do. Amen

Daily Readings - Luke 6

No comments:

Post a Comment