Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Daily Journal for Thursday 25th of February 2010


How to Use Wealth Best

"I tell you, use worldly wealth to gain friends for yourselves, so that when it is gone, you will be welcomed into eternal dwellings." Luke 16:9

- Jesus had just told a story about a manager who had acted shrewdly because his time was running out for him in his role. So he acted in a way that leverage his relationships and win him friends so that after he had gone people would think well of his and maybe even help him if he was down. He used was he could shrewdly for his advantage.

Jesus says that people of the world are more shrewd in dealing with their own kind than people of the light. Just like the shrewd manager - we are facing a final day when our lives end. Time is running out. Instead of hanging on to our resources as though there is no end, we can use it to help others in need, those in debt, those really struggling. They will be helped greatly and when we do die we will enter into eternal dwellings and many people we meet will be very thankful to us. The greatest way we can help others is to leverage our resources so that people are helped and ultimately come to know Jesus. This way they will enter eternal dwellings in heaven too and be forever grateful.

A - How am I using my wealth? Building it up or investing it for eternity in people's lives? Am I using it to help others or saving it for my comfort? I love how our church is helping people in need. I heard two stories yesterday, one family gave their car away to a person who needed one and a small group took it upon themselves to help buy groceries and provide money for petrol for a mother and son in need. I want to do that kind of thing more often too!

P - Father, help me to be wise - even shrewd with the way I use my resources so that others are helped and become my friend and friends with Jesus! Amen.

Daily Reading - Luke 16

No comments:

Post a Comment