Monday, January 4, 2010

Daily Journal for Tuesday 5th of January 2010


Persistent Prayer

S - "Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you." Matthew  7:7


O - Ask, seek and knock are all Greek present imperatives which means "ask continually" "seek and keep seeking" "Knock and continue to knock." What this verse is teaching is that we are to persist in prayer. The promise that goes with it is that it will be given, I will find, the door will be opened. God rewards persistent prayer! My Pa knelt at 82 years of age and wept as he was baptised. Gran had been praying for him since they first became friends and more than 60 years later Pa's resistance gave way.

A - I am praying for the healthiest church in Australia. I long that we would read God's Word, pray, worship, love, serve, grow and share our faith with joy. I pray that for my marriage and for my children - that we would be able to thrive while firmly grounded on the Rock.

P - Father, you are my Rock. I pray that you would hear and answer my prayer. I pray that your church in Wodonga would grow in health as right across our family we become more and more like your Son, Jesus. Amen.

Daily Reading - Matthew 7

No comments:

Post a Comment