Thursday, January 21, 2010

Daily Journal for Friday 22nd of January 2010


Really Loving Others

S - 'For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat. I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink. I was a stranger and you invited me in. I needed clothes and you clothed me. I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.'                                                       Matthew 25:35-36



O - Jesus is teaching what it will be like when the Son of Man returns. He will reward people for the things they have done and the people's response will be, "When did we do that?" "We didn't know!" It will be the things we didn't do for a reward - things that flow out of a heart that has been changed by God. Things that love and serve others, the least. That's what we'll be rewarded for!

A - Who do I know who is hungry, thirsty, a stranger, needing clothes, sick or in prison? Those that come to mind now I will write down and put in my diary for the coming week to visit or call or give to. I'll seek to show God's love to these people in the coming week.

P - Father, help me show your love to people so that they realise that they are precious to you. Help me really love people like you do. Amen.

Daily Readings - Matthew 25

No comments:

Post a Comment