Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Daily Journal for Thursday 21st of January 2010

Being Good With What You're Given


S - "So who then is the faithful and wise servant, whom the master has put in charge of the servants in his household to give them their food at the proper time? It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns."                                                           Matthew 24:45-46




O - Jesus was addressing those who were living in an environment where the religious leaders were not feeding their people. They were not living what they were preaching. They were laying a heavy burden on the people (see Matt 23). Jesus was saying to those religious leaders, there is a master God and you are his servants. If you are a leader of others be faithful and wise. Why? The master is returning! Little did they know that they were talking to the Master!

A - I am a leader of God's people. I live in a time when there are a many leaders who try in many ways to be famous, or become rich, or gain recognition. This passage challenges me to feed the people. For me today that means to complete the administration task I have so that I can get stuck into the study of God's Word so that Sunday's message is clear, practical and God-breathed. I must use my time effectively today and everyday so that when Jesus returns I am found to be faithfully caring for his servants.

P - Father, while the people of Haiti suffer so terribly, may I use this day, this time, where I am, free to work, think and live life to the full, for your glory and for the benefit of your precious servants. Amen.


Daily Reading - Matthew 24

No comments:

Post a Comment