Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Daily Journal for Wednesday 27th of January 2010


Being in God's Family

S - Then Jesus looked at those seated in a circle around him and said, "Here are my mother and my brothers! Whoever does God's will is my brother and sister and mother."  Mark 3:34-35


O - Jesus here points to those around him - those seated, listening to every word, those ready to obey - and says, "Here are my mother and my brothers!" He explains that those who do God's will are in the same family, God's family. In John 15:14 Jesus said, "You are my friends if you do what I command." God is building a family. A family that will last forever. Those who accept the words of Jesus and obey are part of God's family, and this family are more significant eternally than even our own families here on earth.

A - My family are those who love and obey Jesus. How can I love, encourage and build up God's family today? Who do I know that is standing for God in obedience, trusting him, living the Christian life, that I could encourage? So many young people are taking significant steps of faith in their lives. So many older people are making faith-filled decisions. Today I will give thanks for those who are in my spiritual family and seek to encourage those I see doing God's will.

P - Father, thank-you for saving me. I am your child. Today I will celebrate and acknowledge that each person I meet who loves and obeys you is part of your family and part of my family. Amen.

Daily Reading - Mark 3

No comments:

Post a Comment