Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Daily Journaling for Wednesday 7th of October 2009


Faith for the Impossible

S - The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith!" He replied, "If you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it will obey you. Luke 17:5-6


O - The disciples found Jesus' teaching about causing little ones to sin and forgiving those who sin against them continually too hard. Their cry was spot on - "Increase our faith!" What is often lacking in my life and in the life of many Christians and Christian churches is a lack of faith. God has asked us to live in obedience to him and sometimes it seems impossible. But with an increase in our faith that God can do anything we can fulfill his commands.

We don't need much faith, even with just a little God can do a lot. Even with a small amount God can do the impossible like uprooting trees and changing lives.

A - I need my faith increased. We had a funeral a few weeks back and I got a number of text messages and emails before the service from people saying "I am praying for you." I heard yesterday how two people sat down in their seats in the packed church and said to each other "We need to pray." And they prayed throughout the service. You can imagine what happened. God used the service to touch many people and change lives!

I need faith to believe that this Sunday as we meet together, God wants to change lives. I need to pray like the persistent widow, with a faith that can move mountains that God would transform hearts. I need to prepare and act in faith and believe that God wants to do the impossible because with God all things are possible.

P - Father, you made the heavens and earth - nothing is impossible. Transform hearts and lives in our city, in our church, for your glory I pray. Amen.

Daily Readings Luke 17-18

No comments:

Post a Comment