Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Daily Journaling for Thursday 22nd October 2009

DON'T YOU SEE ME? DON'T YOU KNOW ME? DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
S - "Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time? Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. How can you say, "Show us the Father?" Don't you believe that I am in the Father, and that the Father is in me?"

O - Jesus was preparing for his death. The death that would bring about redemption for the whole of mankind. He had spent the last three years with Philip. Philip had witnessed the faith, the miracles, the teaching, the healing, the wonder. This was Jesus' time of need. The need to be fully known. And those closest to him were still unable to fully know Him. That He was the complete representation of God, in fact, that He was God, incarnate. All this time, didn't Philip realise who was really with him. Who was eating with him, who was sleeping with him, who was intimate and involved and concerned with every aspect of his life! Even now, at this time, Philip had failed to see the real Jesus, failed to see that He was God, and failed to see his daily presence in his life.

A - How often must Jesus ask these questions of us. Don't you see me? Don't you know me? Don't you know who I am? Even when he is intimately involved and concerned with every aspect of our lives, how often do we acknowledge, or even allow, his presence, which is God himself, to journey with us; to comfort us, to empower us, to perfect us, to challenge us, to.........

P- Dear Jesus, please forgive me for so often causing you to ask these questions of me. I am also like Philip, a child of yours, yet, who so often, lives my life independently from you. Please help me to acknowledge your divinity, you majesty, and your life in my life daily, I pray. Amen.

Daily Readings John Chapters 14


No comments:

Post a Comment