Thursday, October 1, 2009

Daily Journaling for Friday 2nd of October 2009


Taking up Your Cross

S - "If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his cross daily and follow me." Luke 9:23


O - This verse is spoken to those who would follow Jesus and this includes anyone for anyone can follow Jesus. Just like the "whoever" in John 3:16 the "anyone" means the invitation is open. But the cost is great. They must deny themselves putting Christ first and themselves as willing servant doing his bidding. And they must take up their cross daily, by dying to self (the old way of living) and living the new life that the cross has brought (new life in Christ).

A - I am a follower of Jesus! Today I will remember my the cost of being a follower means dying to self and living the new life won through the cross.

P - As I spend today preparing for Sunday's messages help me to live surrendered and obedient to you Lord Jesus. Amen.

Daily Readings - Luke 9

No comments:

Post a Comment