Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Daily Journaling for Wednesday 14th October 2009


GOD'S LOVE FOR THE WORLD
S -For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish, but have eternal life"
John 3:16
O - We have heard these words so many times. Most Christians can recite them. They have the potential to be the words that just roll off our lips, and yet they are some of the most majestic words ever spoken. In these words, we have the summary of God's character (God is love), who that love is expressed to (the world and all things, including us, in it), the way that love is expressed (by giving us His Son), how that love is accepted (by believing in Jesus), and the outcome of accepting that love ( we will not perish, but have eternal life)
A - If I truly understand all that God is, all that he has done for me, all that I need to do for him, and all that he has for me in the future, I am truly a blessed person, and nothing that I worry about or concern myself about is really of any significance. I am with Jesus now, and will be with him forever. I think of those who don't know God's love, and this makes me more determined to let others know so that they too, will live with this greatest hope and life.
P - Dear God, thankyou so very, very much for loving us to very very deeply. Thankyou for sending your Son so that we can live with you forever. Amen
Daily Reading John Chapters 3&4

No comments:

Post a Comment