Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Daily Journal for Wednesday 7th of July 2010

Under Authority

S - But the centurion answered and said, "Lord, I am not worthy for you to come under my roof, but just say the word, and my servant will be healed. Matthew 8:8

O - The centurion had come to Jesus and told him that his servant was paralyzed at home and suffering great pain. When Jesus said, "I will come and heal him," the man objected saying that he was not worthy. He was a leader, a man who was under authority, and who had people who were under his authority. He knew what it was like to just say the word and it would be done. He was saying here to Jesus, "I know that you have authority over sickness. I know that all you need to do it say the word and my servant will be healed." It's no wonder that Jesus' response to this man was so overwhelming, "I have not found such faith with anyone in all of Israel."

A - The greatest faith found in all of Israel came from one who asked Jesus and recognised his authority. "Just say the word" was the request of a man with great faith. For those who I pray for today all that it would take is one word from Jesus and healing can take place. For the problems that burden our souls one word from Jesus and they can be changed. For the hard hearts of those we love who resist God's love, one word, just one and their hearts can melt. I believe it. Jesus has authority over all things.

- Jesus, heal the sick that I know today. One word can do it Lord. Jesus for the deep longings of my heart, that you would revive your church, touch the lives of those in this region, just one word Lord. Awesome sovereign Lord Jesus, stiller of the storm, raiser of the dead, feeder of the thousands, your will be done! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment