Thursday, July 8, 2010

Daily Journal for Friday 9th of July 2010

Give My Life To You?


S - Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it. Matthew 10:39

O - To give your life away is dangerous! To give my turst to a stranger is very foolish. To put my life in the hands of a control freak or an abuser would be crazy. In fact to put my total unreserved trust in anyone is unwise. Except for one. Jesus said, "I am the bread of life." He claimed that he is all that we need to be nourished and satified. He said, "I am the living water."He claimed to quench our spiritual thirst. Jesus said, "I am the resurrection and the life." He claimed that by trusting in him we would live forever. Jesus said, "I and the Father are one." Jesus is God.

I am right not to unreservedly trust my life to anyone - but Jesus is the exception. In fact the very opposite is true. I must lose my life - give mine completely to him to live. If I don't I will lose my life.

A - I know that Jesus is trustworthy. I need to urge others to entrust to Jesus what we would never trust completely to anyone else. My longing is that people would give him their lives completely. That they would acknowledge him as Lord, Master and Saviour. He alone is worthy. He is creator. He can be trusted. In him and him alone is fulness of life.

P - Father, thank-you for sending Jesus. I have unreservedly put my trust in you Lord. Help me to continue to do that everyday in all I do. Amen.

Daily Reading - Matthew 10

No comments:

Post a Comment