Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Daily Journal for Wednesday 4th of August 2010

Love the One You're With

S - "That's why a man leaves his father and mother and gets married. He becomes like one person with his wife. They are no longer two people, but one. And no one should separate a couple that God has joined together. Mark 10:7-9

O - A child grows and becomes an adult. They leave their father and mother who have nurtured, loved and cared for them as best as they could. They become like one person with their wife or husband. Instead of being on their own they are now 'one.' They are united physically through sexual union and they are united emotionally to mutually love, care and support each other and they are united by God who has put them together. They are like one person, a union, a single identity. This is a joyful thing! It's very good when I am loving and serving and bringing out the best in my wife. To do this continually and genuinely I need more than my own resources. I need to look to the one who joined us together, to God, for the strength and commitment to keep loving even when it's hard.

To then look lustfully at another woman, to be comforted emotionally and physically by another woman, to be loved intimately by another than my wife would cause a break in the oneness, the unity, the togetherness with the one God has joined me together with. It would cause incredible pain, great loss and much sadness.

A - I am married! God has given me one wife to love, to be one with, to enjoy and journey with through life. She is one with me, I am one with her. Today I want to give, say, and show my deep love to her. I her to know my love and commitment to her by the way I express it and value her. This is good and is God's will for me in marriage.

P - Father, as you have demonstrated your love for me in sending your Son, I want to demonstrate my love for you by loving the woman you have joined me together with. May you be glorified by the way I love my wife. Amen.

Daily Reading Mark 10

No comments:

Post a Comment