Monday, August 2, 2010

Daily Journal for Tuesday 3rd of August 2010

How To Be Truly Great

S -  "After Jesus sat down and told the twelve disciples to gather around him, he said, "If you want the place of honour, you must become a slave and serve others!" Mark 9:35

O - To people who want to be first Jesus says become a slave and serve others. To be honoured, honour people. The disciples were arguing about who was the greatest. Jesus says the greatest one is the one who serves others. Today is no different to then. Society is so so self-focused, self-obsessed, self-absorbed and ego driven. Even in Christian community people can seek positions of authority or power for any reason but to serve.

A - I want to be great in God's eyes. I really do want to have a place of honour in God's kingdom. The passage clearly say that I must serve others, become a slave, value, love, connect, care and seek to really honour others. Why? Because people matter to God. Jesus is my clearest example here. He said that he came not to be serve but to serve and indeed he did.

This week I am going to serve someone and tell no-one what I have done. I'm going to also thank three people who have really helped me by serving and helping me. I'll send them a note or an email.

P - Father, I want to be truly great in your eyes. Help me to value greatly those who you love. Help me serve others not myself. Help me do today what you have shown me through Jesus' example. Amen

Daily Reading Mark 9

No comments:

Post a Comment