Monday, May 17, 2010

Daily Journal Tuesday 18th of May 2010


Seeking Restoration

S - Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, be of one mind, live in peace. And the God of love and peace will be with you. 2 Corinthians 13:11

O - Paul encourages the believers in Corinth to strive for "full restoration". In other translations it says "aim for perfection" (NRSV) or "put things in order" (NIV) or "be made complete." He is encouraging them to be more that saved. He's calling them to be restored. Paul desire is that they be made perfect in Christ. That they become in fact what they are declared in Christ by faith. He wants them to not believe one thing and act a different way.

This is surely a struggle. David courageously slew Goliath yet was tripped up by woman in a bath on a roof-top. This is hard work but everyday, God want us to strive, to work hard, to wrestle at being holy!

The interesting thing is that we are not trying to become something that we are not. We are seeking to become who we truly are. We were made in the image of God. Through Christ we have been declared forgiven and righteous. The call now is to become who we really are.

A - Today, I should not be surprised at how every little decision is a choice to be restored or be further and further away from who God made me to be. Though I fail time and time again, I must never give up! Today my choices, my actions, my struggles, are worth facing! If I am able to with the Spirit's help strive to be fully restored the God of love and peace will dwell with me.

P - Father, thank-you for saving me, through faith in Jesus. Help me to live today toward becoming the person you made me to be, fully restored through the power of the Holy Spirit. Amen。

Daily Reading - 2 Corinthians 13 - Galatians 1

No comments:

Post a Comment