Thursday, May 13, 2010

Daily Journal Thursday 13th of May 2010


Hidden Treasure

S - "But we have this treasure on jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us." 2 Corinthians 4:7

O - Treasure was hidden inside old worthless looking jars of clay, in the jars that people would least expect to find it. Paul is saying that we are nothing special, we are ordinary, we face suffering, we do not look that impressive at all. But that just makes it clear to everyone that the treasure, the gospel, is from God not us. The power of the gospel is God at work, transforming lives, and this is not something we can claim as our doing. One look at us and you'll know this is true!

A - I am a person who make mistakes so often on the road to seeking to be holy. I get tired, upset, often feel overwhelmed and sometimes it feels like God could have chosen someone with far greater gifts and skills for the work he has called me to. This just reminds me that this is exactly the point. I'm not the one that matters most. It's in how much I realise who I am (a jar of clay) and who God is (the life-giver) that I will be most effective. I will pray, depend, cry out, ask for help more and more if I understand that I can't do anything without the power of the gospel.

P - Father, in my tiredness, busyness, feelings like there is more to do than I can possibly do, I come to you. Help me to pull aside and depend on you more. Help me to be guided and led by you each and every day. Help me slow down and allow your gospel to work through me in power. Thanks Father. Amen.

Daily Reading - 1 Corinthians 2-4

No comments:

Post a Comment