Thursday, May 27, 2010

Daily Journal for Friday 28th of May 2010


Thriving Each Day in Christ

- So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness. Colossians 2:6

O - Paul would have nothing to do with a kind of "Bar Code" faith (as Dallas Willard has described) where at the check-out we receive the "beep" of salvation and are placed in a bag to sit and wait until Christ returns. Salvation is not the end, it's just the beginning of a journey of transformation. Just as we received Christ, CONTINUE to live your lives in him, rooted and built up, strengthened in the faith. Growing is a crucial part of what it means to follow Christ.

A - How am I growing today? How deep and firm are my roots? Is my faith being strengthened? I want to be the best example possible of a growing christian for all who might see. Yesterday was a day for rest. I rested from morning till night after two very busy weeks. For me growing stronger in Christ meant yesterday, slowing down, resting, reading, and taking it easy. It was just what I needed. I was refreshed by watching a Harry Connick Jr DVD and trying to play Jazz songs on the piano. I finished reading "The Vertical Self" (Mark Sayer) and went for a jog. This was very satisfying and extremely good for me in my growth towards maturity!

- Father, thank-you that even resting is part of your plan for me to live a life of thanksgiving. Help me continue to grow each and every day in my life with you. Amen.

Daily Reading Colossians 2-3    

No comments:

Post a Comment