Monday, March 21, 2011

Daily Journal for Tuesday 22nd of March 2011

More of Your Presence!

S - Then Moses said to him, "If your Presence does not go with us, do not send us up from here. How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?" Exodus 33:15-16

O - God's presence is crucial for mission! Moses asked God not to send him without his presence. We need God's presence with us as we do his work in the world. Why? These verses show that Moses wanted God's presence because it would clearly show to everyone who observed them that God was pleased with them. God's presence is a sign of God's pleasure. Also, Moses saw that God's presence would distinguish him and his people from all the other people in the world. They would be unique. They would stand out. They would be clearly seen as different because of God's presence. God's presence causes people to stand out in the crowd.

A - I long for a greater display of God's presence in my life and in our church. Like Moses, I want others to see us and know that God is pleased with us and goes with us. This Easter as people are invited to our gatherings my longing is that people will know God's presence and sense his favour on us. Jesus sent us out with a promise. "Go into all the world" and "I will be with you." He is with us. May this be known and experienced in our people.

I also long that God's presence would distinguish us from all others. I know that it already does, but I long for a holy reverence, an awe in our worship, a purity in our lives and a tangible expectation of God's transforming power when we gather together. I long that we would stand out, along with all the other churches in this region as those who know God and enjoy his presence.

P - Father, I pray for more of your presence. Fill us with your presence so others may see your favour and your people as uniquely yours. This Easter, show your glory! In Jesus name Amen.

Daily Readings: Exodus 33 & Romans 2:17-29

No comments:

Post a Comment