Monday, November 29, 2010

Daily Journal for Tuesday 30th of November 2010

Sharing in Christ's Glory

S - He called you to this through our gospel, that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ. 2 Thessalonians 2:14

O - God called the Thessalonians and he called me. He called me through the gospel, the good news, the good news which calls for a response. It gives me great comfort and assurance that God called me rather than me calling myself. God called me and he doesn't make mistakes. I did not save myself, God did. I am secure.

The reason that God called me here in this verse is 'that you might share in the glory of our Lord Jesus Christ.' God saved me to share in Jesus Christ's glory. Ultimately there is no other glory but his, but I get to be a part of that as Christ lives and works in me.

A - I will have confidence in my salvation today! God called me. He saved me. I cannot be snatched out of his hand. Because of this I will be bolder, stronger, standing firm in faith.

Today I also will be aware of the mystery that is why God saved me - to share in the glory of Christ. I will be more aware of this today. I will find out more about how I share in his glory. I will rejoice in bringing glory to God.

P - Father, thank-you for saving me. I will seek to live for the purpose for which you saved me by bringing glory to your son. Amen

Daily Reading - 2 Thessalonians 2-3

No comments:

Post a Comment