Monday, October 25, 2010

"All Things"

S - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. Romans 8:28

O - God's purpose is not my comfort or a life without challenge and struggle. God's purpose is for me to conformed to the image of his Son, Jesus. So, the struggles I face, the disappointments, even the complete flops in life are all circumstances not wasted on me. Instead they are events that God is able to use to shape and refine me to more like Jesus. What I might see as deeply disappointing, God can and does use for good. "In all things" means just that!

A - Instead of being disappointed when things go wrong, complaining when struggles persist, or focusing on the overwhelming circumstances I face, I will seek to acknowledge that this is opportunity for God to work on my image and make me more like Christ-like.

As I look back in my own journey, most of the conforming has taken place in the midst of the most difficult times. Today, I will seek to see my obstacles as opportunities, my problems as possibilities and my God as one who can change me whatever I face.

P - Thank you God for calling me and drawing me to you. I am one who loves you. Work for the good in my life today. Help me to see it. Amen.

Daily Reading - Romans 8

No comments:

Post a Comment