Sunday, April 18, 2010

Daily Journal Monday 19th of April 2010


Making The Most of Every Opportunity

S - Paul replied, "Short time or long - I pray to God that not only you but all who are listening to me today may become what I am, except for these chains." Acts 26:29

O - Paul, before King Agrippa, Bernice, high ranking military officers and the prominent men of the city, gave his defence. There was great pomp and ceremony and Paul's life was in danger. But Paul saw the situation not as one where he could save his own skin and escape death, but rather as another opportunity to share the gospel so that some might hear and be saved. This was his longing. This was his prayer.

A - I too, like Paul need to remember, that no-one, no matter how rich, how "beautiful," how seemingly all together they appear, no matter how important their position, no-one is beyond reach of the gospel. And vice versa. No matter how poor, lonely, broken, angry, violent, estranged and bitter a person is, they are not beyond reach of the gospel. I must remember, every opportunity to share is an opportunity for people to respond. I must never say people's "no" for them as they might just say "yes."

P - Father, help me have the courage and willingness to share with great and small, the truth of the gospel. I pray that many would come to know you Jesus through my faithful witness. Amen.

Daily Reading - Acts 26

No comments:

Post a Comment